VIRALTAG: The Best Social Media Tool
Time is valuable to everyone—but, it’s a small business owner’s most precious resource. Running a social media campaign takes time, but there are two ways to do it efficiently—hire a social media service provider (like us!) or use the BEST social media tool available. We think that is ViralTag (hands down).
Social Media Schedulers vs Social Media Tools
There are social media schedulers and there are social media tools.
A social media scheduler’s primary focus is to save you time and effort by enabling you to schedule your posts (for a week, a month, or more!) on multiple social networks in one sitting rather than one by one on a daily basis. It’s standard for them to offer a dashboard and basic analytics.
A social media tool takes it MUCH further. In addition to a scheduler, they have additional capabilities like ?collaborators, inspiration and resources for future posts, and more.
Why ViralTag is (Hands Down) the BEST Social Media Tool
There are many social media schedulers out there—Hootsuite and Buffer being two of the most well known. We used the latter until we were introduced to a featureat a Social Media Marketing World conference that we now refuse to live without.
That feature is the ability to recycle posts. Just like you might guess, this means you schedule your most valuable content, either curated or your best SEO optimized blog content once, categorize them as recyclable content, and they are automatically reposted by the scheduler without you having to do a thing.
I was introduced to MeetEdgar at the conference and have been in a relationship with him ever since. But, I met someone new…and much sexier.
I was blown away when I sat down and explored ViralTag. I consider it the BEST social media tool out there because you can:
- RECYLE CONTENT. Unlike MeetEdgar, who decides when your recycled content is reposted, ViralTag allows you to set a minimum interval (in days) before it is repeated. (I’m not a freak, but I do like control when it comes to business.)
- Auto post to ALL of the key social networks—Facebook (personal profiles and pages), Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin AND Tumblr! (MeetEdgar is only connected to Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. At the time of this post, ViralTag did NOT serve Facebook Groups—a bummer—but, I was told this was in development and should be done in 2-3 months.).
- Schedule unlimited posts from multiple accounts. (The Personal subscription serves up to 10 social profiles; the Small Business membership includes up to 25. One tiny CYA detail that I personally appreciate is that ViralTag alerts you when you don’t choose an account on a post. MeetEdgar does not and, speaking from experience, this DOES happen when you’re creating a lot of posts—and these account-less posts will NOT be scheduled and you will not be alerted.)
- Add team members to your account as you grow who will have access to a shared marketing calendar. (Note that the price takes quite a jump when you move from a Personal to the Small Business subscription. See pricing below.)
- Viraltag connects to your Google Drive and Dropbox accounts so you can upload content in bulk.
- Easily customize your message, image dimensions and posting time for each individual social network.
- Analyze performance so you learn when the best times to post are and which content drives the most engagement. (A 30 day history is available with the Personal subscription; 90 days AND Google Analytics at the Small Business level.)
- Create your own graphics thanks to their integration with Canva. (Wow.)
- Find relevant (and filterable) content to curate from WITHIN ViralTag on the Explore tab and join shared interest Circles with other posters for even more inspiration. (WOW x2.)
- Edit your images and shorten your links from INSIDE ViralTag. (Totally convenient.)
- Use their CHROME EXTENSION to choose and schedule images from any site instantaneously, including pins on Pinterest and videos from YouTube and Vimeo!
Now for the coup d’état—ViralTag costs almost HALF as much as MeetEdgar!
MeetEdgar’s annual plan gets their price down to $41.00/month (when paid in a lump sum payment of $490.00).
ViralTag is only $29.00/month on a month-to-month basis or $24.00/month if paid annually ($288.00 lump sum payment). You can try them out for 14 days for free.
It is a big hassle to change social media schedulers once you’re married to one. If you’re not going to hire us to manage your social media campaign for you, DO start out using the best social media tool from the start. You can do that right now right here (and save $15 while you’re doing it):