SMALL BUSINESS TIP #4: Facebook Business Page Tips
If you’re serious about your business, a Facebook business page is no longer an option. It’s not just another mode of communication with our customers—for most companies, it’s necessary for SEO and brand health. In this post, I’ll give you some valuable Facebook business page tips to help your page be extra awesome.
But, first…let’s look at WHY you should have a page.
Why Build a Facebook Business Page?
Did you know that counting from 1 to 1 billion would take you 95 years? Add at least another 50 years if you’re counting to 1.71 billion. That’s the number of monthly active users on Facebook as of the second quarter of 2016. Think about how many potential customers this represents to you.
What does this mean for your business? Well, for many businesses, it means:
- A Facebook presence is a must for SEO and brand health.
- Facebook is a valuable marketing opportunity and a worthy recipient of some of your marketing budget.
- You shouldn’t do your Facebook business page part way.
If you’re going to do a page, it’s important to do it professionally.
Facebook Business Page Tips
Here are some Facebook business page tips to help you do it right:
- DO create a Facebook Business Page NOT a Personal Profile or Business Group. While personal profiles posts do show up more on newsfeeds, they are a business no-no. First, you will get shut down—it’s just a matter of when. Facebook takes “personal” very seriously and intends to keep personal profiles out of the hands of business. Second, with a personal profile, you’re limited to 5,000 “friends”—a deal breaker when your business takes off. Lastly, business pages have analytics and the ability to advertise, both of which are likely to be crucial at some point. (Note: There is a definite purpose that can be served by a private Business Group…I’d be happy to chat with you to see if there’s one that works for your business.)
- DO use an eye catching and professional profile and cover picture NOT one that is quickly thrown together with low quality images. You have seconds to convey the quality and spirit of your brand and capture a visitor’s attention. It’s also important that your Facebook cover photo includes key info—such as your address and phone number—in a mobile friendly format.
- DO treat your Business Page as a secondary website, NOT as a task you do only when you have time. Your Facebook Business Page is likely to show up before your website in a Google search, so it can often be the first point of contact with your customer. You want it to be impressive, thoughtful and detailed when filling out your About section. And, don’t let that Call to Action button go to waste.
- DO have airtight security settings, NOT ones that leave you open for an invasion. An invasion is a very real risk and can wreak havoc on your Facebook Business Page. Infiltrators are usually from another country and will flood your page with Likes, which decreases the visibility of your posts to your authentic fans. They may even demand ransom—pay them or they will start reporting your posts to the Facebook Police putting your page at risk of being shut down. You can protect yourself by through your security settings.
- DO post relevant and unique content (with gorgeous branded graphics, of course) daily, NOT occasional and/or boring filler that gets missed. Solve your fans’ problems. Stimulate their imagination. Motivate them. And, most importantly, interact with them. Thank them for liking your Facebook Business Page. Don’t waste a single opportunity to bond with a customer.
If you can’t find the time to nurture your Facebook Business Page yourself, we are here to help. We’ll work with you in whatever capacity you need to boost your brand health so you can tend to business. Click here to get a quote.